Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She's growing up!!

Everyday I am amazed at how fast Peyton is growing up. She is like one big sponge when it comes to learning new things. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't laugh so hard I am in tears by what she does or what comes out of her little mouth. She can say the funniest things! There are also many days when I am ready to ship her off to one of aunties house, but I always have to look back at those funny and heartwarming moments.

At bedtime we started a nightly thing of asking her what she would like to pray for. I am amazed of all the things she comes up with.. sometimes it's the sun or the moon, sometimes it's Curious George, but a majority of the time it's someone special to her like Uncle Chad or her friend Kendra. Now that she is three she has a somewhat Sunday school on Sundays at church and it's fun to hear her talk about what she learns. Just yesterday she received a Halloween card in the mail from Grammy and Pa-Papa. She opened the card and as if she was reading what the inside read she said "dear lord..thank you for Grammy and Pa-Papa..thank you for them special..thank you this day. Amen." It melts my heart to hear her say these things.

Also, yesterday she was busy drawing on her magna doodle ( which is usually nothing but scribbles and lines) and she says "look momma, it's daddy!". I took a look knowing it would just be scribbles when I found this on the magna doodle...

I could not believe my eyes! as I have never seen her draw like that. Where she learned it.. It's like she learned to draw overnight!!!

It's always something new and that's how she keeps me on my toes!!! (and let's just say I am on my toes ALL DAY! But I love her no matter how big of attitude she has, how messy the house ends up, or how many gray hairs she gives me!!!






No comments: